Thursday, 6 August 2009

My first card of the week

Hi all, what a week (phew)
First i have had workmen here fitting my walk in shower, which will be great when its done
but for now can`t use the bathroom (again).
Then came some bad news, my mum got a call from her Sister and she has breast cancer,
and it hit my mum even harder as she has lost a sister and niece to cancer already .
I also lost my best friend only 2 years ago who was just like part of the family to us all so it is still so raw for us all,
But i also know there is lots of people out their who beat this terrible disease like my MIL
who has beaten it twice and this is what we have to focus on now and stay strong for her.
I know a lot of you are regular visitors to my mums blog too (The Crafting Pad) and i would just like to thank all those who left such lovely messages for her regarding this :)
Thank you so much x
Now for the card

I made this card early this week but have only just had the time to put it up,
I have made it following the sketch over at Friday Sketchers 63 Sponsored by Simon says Stamp
and have also paper pieced Tilda`s top for the challenge over on Stamp something - Sponsored this week by Whiff of Joy.
and here is the inside that i decorated too.

e

Thank you for stopping by
hope to be back with more soon
Mel x

8 comments:

Rach said...

mel sorry to hear of the bad news about your Aunt, . stay strong.

love your card sweetie, great summery colours and a beautifully coloured image. big hugs rachxxxx

Rach said...

good luck in the candy draw sweetie. hugs rachxx

Pat said...

This is so cute and sweet! The colours are lovely.
well done!
hugs xx
Pat

Wendy said...

What a cute little card
Wendy x

Poppy said...

gorgeous card.
poppy

Kim. said...

Gorgeous card, I love those colours and the inside fits so well with the outside.
Sorry to here your bad news, stay strong and believe in hope. Thinking of you and your mum at this difficult time.
Kim xXx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Mel and such pretty colours :) I am thinking of you and your Mum at this really difficult time and I hope that you get some positive news soon :) Donna x

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Sweet card! I love the way you pieced her top! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)