Monday, 8 June 2009

High Hopes Challenge #34!!

Well not doing to bad first day back and my third post of the day lol
My first challenge for some time and had real fun making this card love high hopes stamps they are so cute and fun.
So here it is for the High Hopes Challenge #34

A fab sketch by Nikki!!
I coloured the cute pirate image with copics and mounted it 3d on a piece of embossed brown card that had been heat embossed around the edge in gold, also stamped the map image and distressed it with inks for an old look and used a piece of text card from my new -DCWV all about boys which i must say i love i only have it in the small but can see i`m going to have to get it in the 12 by12 :)
The pirate flags were done on the cricut using the paper doll dress up cartridge and tiles from Mad About Cards and button from stash.
Well think i covered everything lol
Thanks for looking
Mel

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Great card Mel
Wendy x

Saskia said...

Great, great card!!! Funny details... scrabble, flags,... I Love it!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Poppy said...

great card,your certainly making up for lost time....
poppy

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous card again sweetie, such a cute image and love the colour scheme, just the right card for a boy
Hugs Jacqui x

Karin said...

Hi Mel,

thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.
did have a peak at your creations.
Wow, they are amazing!!!
Love this pirate card. I only have girls so I'm having a really hard time creating cards for boys.

Hugs,
xoxo Karin

Donna said...

Fantastic little card card Mel, brill iamge and fab scrabble letters :) Donna x

Wendy Bonner said...

Great Card!!!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Fabulous! Love your flags and the scrabble tiles.

Cheri Howard said...

Super card! I love how you used the scrabble tiles for your sentiment!

Beth said...

This is amazing! I love the stamp and little map, the embellishments are fab too!

Beth xx